SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 RC1 is out!
We are happy to announce Release Candidate 1 isos for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP (SLES for SAP),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
- and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).
ISOS and images are available at https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 (SLE 12 SP4) is a consolidation Service Pack release, which includes:
- Linux kernel version 4.12.
- Selected set of non-disruptive features and new hardware support driven by partner and customer requirements.
- Delivery of all fixes and updates introduced since SLE 12 SP3 release.
Release Candidate Phase
With Release Candidate 1, we are now entering the Release Candidate phase for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4.
This means that we are more strict about changes during this phase, thus we are restricting changes to bug fixes and security vulnerabilities. Of course the goal is to focus on stability since the end of the development phase is approaching.
As a reminder, you can check the schedule for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 at https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#releases.
Notable changes since Beta 4
- mariadb 10.2
- opa-ff v10.7.0.0.133 (SDK)
- ca-certificates-mozilla 2.26
- clamav 0.100.1
- dpdk 17.11.4
- Firefox ESR 52.9
- LVM 2.2.02.180
- mvapich2-psm mvapich2-psm2 and mvapich2
- open-vm-tools 10.3.0
- openssl 1.1.1
- php5 and php7
- python3 bug fixes
- various kernel fixes
- aws-vpc-move-ip (HA and SAP, merged into ressources-agent)
- ixpdimm_sw (replaced by ipmctl)
As always, not ALL changes is listed here, for a complete list, please check https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#changelogs
SLE 12 SP4 Public Beta Program
If you want to know more about SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 Beta, please visit: https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/