The retailer’s challenge
Four future needs in the retail sector
- Agility and flexibility. Post-pandemic, customer expectations continue to evolve. In order to provide the best experiences possible, further tech implementation is a must. This requires a flexible core.
- Retail at the Edge. Going digital is not enough. It’s now about consumer experience differentiation and, much of that will happen at the Edge, at the closest point to the customer.
- Cost transformation. Running an omni-channel operation and assigning capital to further innovate means cost efficiency will be at the heart of future organizational strategy.
- Resilience. Retailers need to power super-fast transactions and up-to- the-minute insights. As a result, business-critical applications, such as SAP, need to stay up and running around the clock.
Become an Innovation Hero
- Office Depot have saved over 40% in IT management costs -this reduced cost of retail store IT overhead, equates to a lower cost competitive position.
- SUSE infrastructure only requires a lean team to run it, helping to keep operating expenses down.
- SUSE Manager pushes out releases to 1,200 store environments
- Simplified data center management allows more time to innovate better customer experiences
See the difference with SUSE
products & solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The industry’s most secure, modular Linux operating system that paves the way for IT transformation in the software-defined era.
Addresses the needs of DevOps teams deploying applications with Kubernetes and IT staffs delivering enterprise-critical services.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
Leverages the enterprise-hardened technology components of SUSE Linux Enterprise and merges that with what developers want from a modern, immutable OS platform.
Employ a management solution rearchitected for the retail Industry with granular, centralized image management.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SAP Applications
The leading Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions and is endorsed by SAP.
The industry’s only 100% open source, Zero-Trust container security platform.