Our multi-award winning SUSE Enterprise Storage, powered by Ceph Technology has already calved out a name for itself and as an ideal solution for compliance, archive, backup and large data applications. Where our customers can simplify and scale without limitations, at a fraction of the cost of pretty much any other comparable solution (yup we’ve done the TCO)
Now meet SUSE Enterprise Storage 5
Faster, more efficient and simpler to manage!!!!
SUSE Enterise Storage 5, based on the Ceph Luminous release, broadens the scope and use cases for the SUSE Software Defined Storage solution. “BlueStore”, a new native object storage backend increases performances by up to a factor of 2 (yup 200%!!), combined with significant enhancement in management and storage efficiencies.
So what’s in the release?
- Well first there is the previously mentioned “BlueStore”. BlueStore is a new native object storage backend for Ceph. With BlueStore enabled SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 offers up to double the write performance of previous releases, coupled with significant reductions in I/O latency. This enables SUSE Enterprise Storage to now service environments and applications that require higher levels of performance.
- Then we’ve added ability to free up capacity and reduce data footprint via BlueStore enabled Data Compression.
- We’ve increased disk space efficiency of a fault tolerant solution through support of Erasure Coding for Replicated block devices and CephFS data.
- Operational efficiencies have been improved with an expanded advanced graphical user interface (openAttic) for simplified management and improved cost efficiencies
- Cluster management and orchestration is optimized through enhanced Salt integration.
- Heterogeneity enhancements with support of the Network File System (NFS) Gateway exporting CephFS. This function enables users on a client computer to access files over a computer network.
- Production support for the NFS Gateway exporting the RADOS object gateway (RGW). This enables legacy file applications that need a filesystem interface the ability to access native Amazon S3 or Swift data.
- Preview of Ceph’s ability to export a file system to CIFS/Samba for heterogeneous connectivity.
SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 with be generally on October 31st
Spend less and protect more with SUSE Enterprise Storage 5 for Disk to disk backup
Jason Phippen – Senior Product Marketing Manager for Storage
Larry Morris – Senior Product Manager for Storage