SUSE Container as a Service 1.0 Public Beta Available!
Today, we are thrilled to announce our very first SUSE Container as a Service Platform 1.0 Public Beta image.
SUSE Container as a Service (CaaS) Platform is an application development and hosting platform for container applications and services that enables you to provision, manage, and scale container-based applications and services, so you can focus on development of container applications and meet your business goals faster while saving costs in developing & maintaining container infrastructure.
We are inviting all developers, IT administrators, power users, and geekos worldwide to test drive the SUSE Container as a Service Platform product through our public SUSE Beta Program.
More information about the SUSE CaaS Platform 1.0 beta product:
- Ready to run out of the box: Not just a Bash login prompt where you need to configure everything
- Btrfs with snapshots and rollback for transactional updates
- Read-only file system with OverlayFS for
cloud-initfor initial configuration (Network, Accounts, Salt)
- Salt for full system configuration
- Controller node with dashboard to manage cluster
SLE MicroOS comes with a novel file system configuration based on Btrfs and OverlayFS:
- The base OS and snapshots are read-only
- Subvolumes for data storage are read-write
- OverlayFS is used for
To manage SLE MicroOS deployments,
cloud-init is used:
- Very flexible and already well-known by administrators in the cloud environment
cloud-inithas been enhanced to be able to configure Zypp repositories and read configuration from local directories
We will share more information and content throughout the SUSE CaaS Platform 1.0 Beta phase, but until then happy beta testing and have fun!