Do more with new, advanced features
The Linux Kernel 3.0 offers many new features and enhancements that will help SAP customers utilizing the newest technology improvements within their SAP infrastructure.
With Service Pack 2 you get improved performance, better security, enhanced hardware support, and simplified installation of SAP applications.
In February 2012, SUSE announced the latest update to SUSE Linux Enterprise. The industry's most interoperable platform for mission-critical computing offers improved performance, reliability and efficiency, while maintaining enterprise quality and application compatibility.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is now based on the newest SUSE Linux Enterprise technology. The latest update of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications will provide following SAP-related enhancements for:
The Linux Kernel 3.0 offers many new features and enhancements that will help SAP customers using the newest technology improvements within their SAP infrastructure.
- 20% faster performance due to scheduler and memory management enhancements
- Improved performance of compute and memory intensive workloads with support for transparent huge pages
- Faster network performance through transparent per-CPU load balancing on multi-queue devices
- Control groups enhancements—I/O throttling and memory group controller optimization—for optimal performance
Better Security and Enhanced Hardware Support
Secure your environment, and grow rapidly—or at your own pace—with Service Pack 2 (SP2) enhancements that include:
- Enhanced support for the latest AMD and Intel platforms
- New drivers for over 500 of the latest CPUs, chipsets, networking devices and storage systems
- ClamSAP, the shared library to link between ClamAV and the virus scan interface of SAP is now included
More Robust Virtualization Capabilities
SP2 enables you to use resources more efficiently and migrate workloads to virtual and cloud environments with features such as:
- Updated Xen 4.1 and KVM 0.15+ hypervisors
- Improved virtual machine guest OS performance with additional paravirtualized drivers for Xen, KVM, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
Simplified Installation of SAP applications
The installation wizard in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications installs both SAP software solutions and their underlying Linux infrastructures, unattended. Installation wizard enhancements include:
- Support for NetWeaver 7.02, 7.03, 7.30
- Updated partition layout based on latest SAP recommendations
- Support for Kernel 2.6 compatibility mode
- Support for SAP System ID renaming
- Loop mount support for SAP media
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Related SAP Notes