Ready to increase performance, dramatically lower operation costs, and boost availability and business continuity across your entire SAP environment?
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is a preferred Linux platform of SAP and more than 2,500 customers. It delivers faster installation for shorter time to results, outstanding support to lower the costs of operation and maintenance, and built-in business continuity to protect business operations.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is the only operating system optimized for all mission-critical SAP NetWeaver software solutions and appliances. It is based on the newest SUSE Linux Enterprise technology, a highly reliable, scalable, secure and optimized server operating system that is built to power physical, virtual and cloud applications. It is validated and certified by SAP and is, therefore, uniquely positioned to support all of your SAP software solutions including appliances.
- Optimized for fast and easy deploymentAn installation wizard in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications installs both SAP software solutions and their underlying Linux infrastructures, unattended. This process seamlessly integrates and simplifies the installation of SAP applications. You can also easily integrate third-party components that weren't part of the original SAP solution stack. The installation is quality assured and requires almost no interaction once the workflow begins.
- Optimized for performanceSAP and SUSE validated and certified the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications jointly to eliminate potential software incompatibilities, and we continue to test and validate the software stack. This partnership tightly integrates the application workload with the operating system and eliminates the possibility of incompatibilities when patches are applied to either the applications or the operating system.
- Optimized for business continuitySUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications includes high-availability components. These provide an integrated clustering solution for physical and virtual Linux deployments, enabling the implementation of highly available Linux clusters and eliminating single points of failure.
- Unparalleled enterprise supportSUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications offers you integrated priority support and maintenance through SAP solution manager from both SUSE and SAP. This starts with a range of premium support options that includes 24/7 electronic and phone support with industry-leading response times, and instant access to all of the latest fixes and patches through a separate, dedicated update channel. Finally, every SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications subscription includes Extended Service Pack Overlap Support, which means you get full service pack support for a full eighteen months. That's 12 months more than the standard 6 month grace period. More ›
- Support for large workloadsPage cache limit is a kernel parameter that has been introduced to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications. Some SAP solutions use systems with very large amounts of memory to keep business data in memory. Parts of this memory are very seldom accessed. When faced with filesystem load such as backup jobs, the Linux kernel decides that it's better to use memory as filesystem cache (page cache) to speed up the filesystem operations, and pages out the seldom accessed memory from the application. This feature is crucial for SAP applications to gain performance improvements. This feature is described in SAP Note 1557506.
- LicensingSupport and maintenance for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is offered as an annual, 3-year or 5-year subscription per server. It is available on the x86-64 (AMD64/Intel x64) architecture.
- For more detailed information about licensing policies for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, visit: http://www.suse.com/products/server/policy.html
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.