Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
Creating a Custom AutoFill Sorted List in OpenOffice.org Calc 2
Need to insert the same data over and over again in your spreadsheet? Does it need to be in a certain order? Calc’s autofill feature can help you add that data with just a drag. Here’s a tip to show you how.
- Create the list you want to repeat in cells in your spreadsheet. Make sure it’s in the order you want to repeat.
- Select the list you created.
- Select Tools | Options.
- Expand the OpenOffice.org Calc menu on the left and select Sort Lists.
- Click Copy to insert the selected sort list to the lists of already defined sort lists.
- Click OK.
- Type any item from your sort list anywhere in the spreadsheet.
- Grab the autofill handle and drag down or to the right to see the other items in your list in the order you specified.
To see a flash demonstration of this tip, click here.
You can get more OpenOffice.org 2.0 tips and tricks when you order BrainStorm’s new OpenOffice.org 2.0 Computer-Based Training. This Web- and Flash-based training system will work on any browser or platform and includes over six hours of instructor-led training topics. The Computer-Based Training is also completely searchable and includes pre-defined courses according to the level of training you need. For more information, contact BrainStorm, Inc.