Adding a SLED Workstation to the Tree
- On the SLED machine start YAST -> Software -> Software Management -> search for novell-lum rpm and Install.
- After the rpm is installed, go to Security, then Users tab in YAST, and click the “Linux User Management” option.
- During configuration of Linux User Management, select Remote server and enter the IP address of the master server in the OES2 tree under Directory server address. Under the Admin name with context, enter the LDAP Admin name and context. This is the fully distinguished name of a User object with administrative rights to LDAP (For example: cn=admin,o=novell) and enter the Admin password and click Next.
- Under the Linux/Unix config object, enter the eDirectory context where the Linux/UNIX Config object is created. Under the LUM workstation context, enter the eDirectory context (existing or created here) for the LUM (SLED) Workstation object created by the install for this server and click Next.
- Select the PAM enabled services for authenticating LUM users and click Finish. When complete, it will put a “Unix Workstation – <sledboxname>” object into the tree.
- When LUM enabling a user, assign them to a group, if that group lists this new object as an available unix workstation, then that LUM enabled user would have rights to login to that SLED workstation. If you remove that unix workstation object from the assigned group the user is in, then their rights to the SLED workstation have been removed.
Now the Admin user and the LUM enabled user should be able to login to the workstation