We are happy to announce the first public beta of SUSE CaaS Platform 4.0
We are starting with Beta 2 for the Public Beta Program because Beta 1 didn’t meet our quality standard and we would to keep our internal beta naming in sync with our public beta naming.
That being said please check the following:
- Our Major Themes for SUSE CaaS Platform 4.0 on the dedicated beta web page,
- Our Release Notes for more information,
- Known Issues for Beta 2.
Beta Registration codes
Registration is not working with your regular key, special Beta Registration Code is required. You need to request one for SUSE CaaS Platform 4.0 Beta Program by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the terraform package to install SUSE CaaS Platform. Refer to the Deployment Guide.
Architecture and working features:
The architecture of SUSE CaaS Platform 4.0 is described here:
This build has been tested on SUSE OpenStack Cloud 8 and VMware ESXi 6.7.0. We have validated the following features:
- Bootstrap a cluster
- Add and remove one master and one worker node
- deploy & scale & expose nginx:alpine image
- PodSecurityPolicy deployment and conformance
- Subscription to SCC extension
Note that the product is not feature complete yet, we will continue to improve it.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE CaaS Platform Team