Release Candidate Phase
SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 1 is entering the Release Candidate Phase since we are closer and closer to the official release date (so called First Customer Shipment) scheduled for mid-June 2019.
SUSE Engineering Team has a special mindset regarding the Release Candidate phase, because we are targeting to have FCS quality with those milestones. We have the constraints of considering RC milestones like FCS releases, in term of bug fixing and providing security fixes, which means that we are focusing on stability but there is also less room for intrusive changes.
Of course exception happens, and developing, stabilizing, building and testing an entire Operating System and products around it is a complex task. Nevertheless with the help of our talented engineers, powerful tool like Open Build Service and openQA AND the ability for external parties (you!) to participate early and during the development phase, we will be able to deliver the best SUSE Linux Enterprise version yet!
Notes for RC 1
- Tons of security and bug fixes,
- The usual bug fixes for the Linux Kernel and YaST
- amavisd-new updated to 2.11.1
- ceph updated to 14.1.0-559-gf1a72cff25
- cloud-netconfig-azure and cloud-netconfig-ec2 updated to 0.9
- cloud-regionsrv-client updated to 8.1.3
- containerd updated to v1.2.2
- docker updated to 18.09.1-ce.
- google-compute-engine updated to 20190124
- java-1_8_0-openjdk updated to jdk8u201 (icedtea 3.11.0)
- mariadb updated to 10.2.22 GA
- openvswitch updated to 2.11.0
- rmt-server updated to 1.2.2
- supportutils updated to 3.1.1
- samba updated to 4.9.4
SLE-BETA Public Web Page
Another exciting news, we have also released SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 Beta 11, which is based on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 Service Pack 1 RC 1!
SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 Major Themes
- Built on the latest
- upstream Ceph release: Nautilus. Targeted for upstream availability in February 2019
- Updated to run on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1 (Beta)
- TECH-PREVIEW: RDMA back-end
- Sync to external cloud via S3
- CephFS snapshots
- TECH-PREVIEW: Asynchronous file replication
- QoS for RDB
- Background operation QoS
SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 Beta Webinar
If you have missed the SUSE Enterprise Storage 6 Beta Webinar, you can now watch it on Brighttalk.
The agenda was:
– SES 6 Schedule
– Feature Overview
– Demo Installation
– Question & Answers
Notes for Beta 11
- ceph 14.1.0-559-gf1a72cff25
- ceph-iscsi 3.0+1552304123.g67b0d30
- deepsea 0.9.15
- samba 4.9.4
- salt (but now using the one provided by SLES)
STORAGE-BETA Public Web Page
Have fun beta testing,
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise and SUSE Enterprise Storage Team.