Academic Support Center BiASC connects the SUSE Academic Program with Belgium and Luxembourg
The SUSE Academic Program has taken significant strides in new territories with the help of trusted academic partners from different regions. BiASC is an academic support organization that connects with IT academies from higher and secondary education and from non-commercial and professional training institutions. Already working with a number of universities, including the University of Luxembourg and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, we hope to see our footprint spread with support from BiASC.
BiASC has a strong network of university instructors and professors that join together to exchange information and ideas. The current focus areas of BiASC are innovation competences, country digitization, digital business and future workforce. With the SUSE Academic Program working towards developing skills for future professional, naturally working together is a perfect fit. The SUSE Academic Program will join other vendors such as the Cisco Network Academy and Red Hat Academy as educational resources available for IT staff and students. Some of the benefits BiASC members will now have access to include;
- Training—Materials for certified Linux and other courses, both for trainers and students.
- Curriculum—Campus-use of these materials for student education by faculty staff.
- Use SUSE for education — Use SUSE products for free for educational or lab purposes.
- Use SUSE for administrative or production workloads – make use of a highly beneficial buying program to buy SUSE products at the right level of support, including special products and terms and conditions only available and priced for educational institutes.
- Development Resources—Access to tools and products for using in lab, software development or other education settings.
- Support—Access to knowledge-base, forums and technical support.
BiASC also frequently hosts workshops and live events for their members which makes it easy for vendors to interact and collaborate directly with the academic community. You can find more information about BiASC and upcoming events at https://honim.typepad.com/biasc/biasc-contacts.html .
The SUSE Academic Program is committed to providing the latest Linux education platform on the market, supported by a team of experts and enjoyed by the academic community.
Not yet a part of the program?
Have questions about the SUSE Academic Program? Reach out to our team: