SUSE Manager delivers complete lifecycle management and monitoring for Linux servers.
- Asset Management Get a complete hardware and software inventory of your systems. Use unattended bare-metal system provisioning to add unprovisioned ("bare-metal") systems that are capable of PXE (Preboot Execution Environment) booting to an organization.
- Provisioning Automate the provisioning of operating system instances on bare metal hardware using AutoYaST, Kickstart and PXE boot. Provision virtual guests as easily as physical instances. Provision new servers with the identical characteristics of a server that is already running or with a predefined configuration. Track server changes and return to a previous version or configuration if required. Support first-time installation with rapid setup of network installation environments.
- Software Package Management
Collect and distribute custom software packages into manageable groups. Centrally push
software by grouping servers, thereby easing the burden of manually managing each server
individually. Create customized repositories for the delivery of operating system packages or
RPM Packet Manager-based (RPM-based) applications and content.
Use the SUSE Manager user interface to migrate SUSE Linux Enterprise to new SUSE Service Packs. Leverage the SUSE Manager application programming interface (API) to create custom scripts that allow you to easily automate many of the tasks you perform everyday. In addition, the SUSE Manager API enables integration with third-party applications or systems management tools.
Search operating system instances by packages, patches or system specifications to reduce administrative overhead. Remove unnecessary system packages and freeze the current configuration to avoid package installations by mistake.
- Patch Management
Use the Zypper update stack (on SUSE Linux Enterprise) to rapidly and consistently deploy
patches and updates. Receive notifications when the latest software updates are available for
Linux servers connect to SUSE Customer Center to easily access updates, security patches and Service Packs.
Plan maintenance windows ahead of time by scheduling updates at the maintenance time you are choosing.
Apply role-based controls to ensure administrators have the appropriate level of authority to manage each system.
- Configuration Management Centralize configuration file management for server groups and use these files in combination with AutoYaST or Kickstart for complete provisioning. Develop and maintain standardized configuration profiles for servers or groups of servers to simplify initial server provisioning. Easily migrate custom scripts for Red Hat Network Satellite, create new AutoYaST and Kickstart scripts or use SUSE Manager to develop new scripts based on existing installations.
- Redeployment Re-deploy on the same hardware if it is required. Your physical physical interaction is not needed.
Monitoring, Compliance and Security
- Health Monitoring
Monitor server health from the SUSE Manager console and easily extract valuable information
about the systems managed by SUSE Manager. Prevent issues before they occur. Monitor
memory space, disk usage, CPU utilization, and network services. Receive warning notifications
when servers are exceeding usage thresholds, so you can quickly respond to issues. Create
custom probes or use the built-in operating system probes and third-party application probes
to monitor the health of servers, virtual guests and applications. Monitor Group probes for
faster deployment and improved consistency.
Get all information about updates on a single page and develop graphical reports of your server performance.
Gain a secure log of all activities for auditing. Follow standards to maintain the security of your Linux enterprise systems, such as verifying patches, checking security and configuration setting. In addition, examine your Linux systems for signs of compromise. Use OpenSCAP to maintain enterprise systems' security by automatically verifying the presence of patches, checking system-security configuration settings and examining systems for signs of compromise.
Leverage the easy-to-use interface to CVE (Common Vulnerability and Exposures) vulnerability data. Easily search for publicly known information about security vulnerabilities and exposures.
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Live chat only available in the US and Canada.
Locate a qualified partner within your area to assist you with your business needs