Powered by OpenStack, SUSE OpenStack Cloud is an open source enterprise cloud computing platform that enables easy deployment and seamless management of an infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) private cloud.
- Automated Install Process
- Enterprise Ready
- Optimized Resource Provisioning and Deployment
- Secure Provisioning
- Self-service Provisioning
- Scalable, Open Design
- Integrated with SUSE and Partner Product and Services Portfolios
Automated Install Process
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud Server Installation Framework Integration with the Crowbar project provides predefined scripts, which enable an automated install process that not only makes it easier to rapidly configure your cloud environment, but also makes it simpler to add new or existing compute and storage capacity. More ›
- Making High Availability Deployment Easy SUSE OpenStack Cloud automates high availability configuration and deployment. By seamlessly integrating the High Availability capabilities into the SUSE OpenStack Cloud Administration Server installation framework, continuously delivering cloud services have been dramatically simplified. More ›
- World-class Technical SupportSUSE OpenStack Cloud is backed by the award-winning, worldwide SUSE support organization. More ›
- Standard Maintenance Processes SUSE OpenStack Cloud is integrated into existing maintenance and product lifecycle management processes, ensuring that SUSE OpenStack Cloud deployments can easily receive maintenance and security fixes. More ›
- Mixed Hypervisor Environments SUSE OpenStack Cloud enables multiple hypervisors to be run in the same cloud. Supported hypervisors include KVM, Xen, Microsoft Hyper-V, and VMware ESXi through integration with VMware vCenter. Support for mixed hypervisor environments gives more flexibility in designing cloud deployments and helps to optimize licensing costs and workload performance. More ›
- Highly Available Control PlaneSUSE OpenStack Cloud provides the option of building a highly available cluster of the SUSE OpenStack Cloud Control Node, so cloud administrators can deliver enterprise grade service level agreements. More ›
Optimized Resource Provisioning and Deployment
- Hadoop-as-a-Service Delivers simplified provisioning and management of Hadoop clusters. More ›
- Centralized Resource Tracking Provides insight into activities and capacity of the cloud infrastructure for optimized automated deployment of services. More ›
- Rules-Based Scheduler Streamlines the automated discovery and provisioning of resources based on predefined business logic. More ›
- Metering and Monitoring Provides data on cloud usage by resource and user that can be integrated into billing and operational reporting systems. More ›
- Orchestration Automates the control and coordination of multiple virtual machines based on a set of predefined templates. More ›
- Database-as-a-Service Provides standard provisioning and management of scalable and reliable relational and non-relational database engines. More ›
- Identity and Authentication Multi-tenant, role-based provisioning and access control enables IT to securely provision multiple departments and users on the same cloud infrastructure. More ›
- User Dashboard Pushes the management of resources closer to the end user, and allows them to configure and deploy services as necessary, and track their own resource consumption. More ›
- Image Repository Allows the IT staff and business staff to determine and publish, as a catalog, standardized virtual machines that are predefined configurations for specific purposes or services that are used regularly. More ›
- Block Storage SUSE OpenStack Cloud Block Storage increases choice by enabling organizations to provide persistent storage at the virtual machine level. Additionally, with the integration of SUSE Enterprise Storage, SUSE OpenStack Cloud includes full support for Ceph. This includes Ceph Rados Gateway, which provides compatible Swift and Amazon S3 (Simplified Storage Service) APIs for block storage. SUSE is also working with partners such as Coraid, EMC and NetApp to provide a broad choice of block storage plug-ins. More ›
- Image Storage The image repository of SUSE OpenStack Cloud can use Ceph or Swift as the back-end storage of images for rapid deployment within the cloud. More ›
- Object Storage For the simplicity of a web accessible object storage cloud, Ceph and Swift provide the necessary scalability and easy access from inside or outside of the cloud. More ›
- Networking SUSE OpenStack Cloud includes many networking options by delivering networking-as-a-service to enable scalable network management, an API to build rich network topologies, and the ability to create advanced network services. SUSE OpenStack Cloud Networking is also plug-in enabled, providing extended capabilities offered by vendors such as Cisco, Infloblox, Midokura, Nuage Networks, PLUMgrid, Open vSwitch and VLAN bridging solutions.
- Firewall-as-a-Service Easily deploy a built-in firewall to protect your network. More ›
- Load Balancing-as-a-Service Use proprietary or open source load balancing technologies natively with SUSE OpenStack Cloud Networking to distribute workloads across the cloud. More ›
Scalable, Open Design
- Massive Scalability SUSE OpenStack Cloud is architected for unlimited growth of cloud environments. More ›
- Open APIs Provides integration of third-party software, such as network management, ticketing and billing solutions. More ›
Integrated with SUSE and Partner Product and Services Portfolios
- SUSE Studio Rapidly build and deploy applications for use within your private cloud, or in the public cloud of your choosing as part of a hybrid cloud installation. More ›
- SUSE Manager Manage and monitor the physical cloud infrastructure running on Linux as well as the Linux workloads deployed in your private or hybrid cloud. More ›
- SUSE Consulting Leverage our experts to design and implement a SUSE OpenStack Cloud infrastructure that meets technical and business requirements. More ›
- OpenStack Partners SUSE works with the OpenStack ecosystem of vendors to offer support for our joint solutions and easily implement a private cloud infrastructure. More ›
The OpenStack™ Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of OpenStack, LLC, in the United States and other countries and are used with OpenStack LLC's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by OpenStack LLC, the OpenStack Advisory Board, or the OpenStack community.
Request a Sales Call
Call or complete the form below to talk to a Sales representative. Looking for Support? Submit a service request.
* Required Fields
Locate a qualified partner within your area to assist you with your business needs
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.