- Minimum Linux server system requirements
- Local installation: 512 MiB RAM, 512 MiB Swap recommended
- 2 GiB available disk space (more recommended, 8.5 GiB for all patterns)
- 16 GiB for snapshot/rollback of the OS
- Recommendations for specific uses
- 512 MiB to 4 GiB RAM, at least 256 MiB per CPU
- 4 GiB hard disk space, 16 GiB for snapshot/rollback of the OS
- Network interface (ethernet, wireless or modem)
- Network redundancy
- I/O fencing mechanism and possibly shared storage
- For Xen virtual host server ? at least 512 MiB RAM for each virtual host server
- For KVM virtual host server ? KVM's limits are equal to those of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- For Xen or KVM virtual machines ? at least an additional 256 MiB RAM for each virtual machine
- For print servers ? a relatively faster processor or additional processors to improve server-based printing
- For web servers ? additional RAM to improve caching, and additional processors to improve web application performance
- For database servers ? additional RAM to improve caching, and using multiple disks for parallel I/O
- For file servers ? additional memory and disks, or a Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks (RAID) system to improve I/O throughput
*System requirements are identical when using Geo Clustering for SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension in conjunction with SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension.
Here is the official documentation for SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension and Geo Clustering for SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension:
Request a Sales Call
Call or complete the form below to talk to a Sales representative. Looking for Support? Submit a service request.
* Required Fields
Locate a qualified partner within your area to assist you with your business needs
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.