PROBLEM: I recently bought a SPCA based webcam, is there a driver? If so, where to download it and install it?
SOLUTION: Well, you’re in luck. There are drivers for all SPCA based webcams. Simply go to:
Follow the steps below to compile and install your webcam driver.
If you’re not sure if your webcam is a SPCA, check here: http://mxhaard.free.fr/spca5xx.html
- Decompress it with ark or any decompression software you wish to use.
- Open up you konsole (console).
- Change your directory to the one where you unzipped the files.
- Type make into the command prompt.
- After type sudo make install into the command prompt.
- Reboot your system.
- Insert webcam.
- You’re done!
ENVIRONMENT: SUSE Linux 9.3+