Installing Standalone and Mobile iManager on Windows and SLES
Installation of Standalone iManager on Windows:
- Unzip the iManbase and find the iMan_27_win in zip format and extract on the Windows machine
- Install standalone iManager by running the iManagerInstallWin in terminal located under /iManager/installs/win/
- Proceed with the installation steps with the required inputs.
- When the installation proceeds with Get Treename and username screen, do not give any tree and user name in particular as the standalone iManager can be accessed using those particular tree. When the inputs are not given, any tree server can be accessed via standalone iManager
- After installation is over, the files and folders of standalone iManager by default get created under C:/programfiles/Novell/Tomcat and this is the location where the uninstaller file also will get created(UninstalliManager).
- Now the Windows workstation should have its own Tomcat and plugins installed and running.
- Open Firefox and open iManager using the 8443 port number https://<ip address>:8443/nps and enter the credentials of either the OES server or NetWare server in the iMan login page.
- The plugins can be either installed from the local directory or from Novell downloads. Both NetWare and Linux plugins can be managed using standalone iManager
- After installing/uninstalling the iManager Plugins, tomcat should be restarted on the Windows workstation. Tomcat services will be under Services(Local). (Type services.msc in Run)
- The iManager Plugins installed in the Windows workstation will be seen under C:/programfiles/Novell/Tomcat/webapps/nps/packages.
Installation of Standalone iManager on SLES/SLED:
- Untar the iManbase and find the iMan_27_linux.gz and extract the same on Linux machine
- Run ./iManagerInstallLinux.bin located under /iManager/installs/linux.
- During component selection Install with Novell iManager 2.7, Tomcat, JVM.
- User has the choice to download the plugins or else to install from local directory.
- plugin(.npm) files by defaults will be saved under /iManager/installs/plugins.
- Tomcat HTTP port is 8080 and SSL port is 8443.
- Do not enter any tree details and user name (If any of the tree server has to be accessed using stand alone imanager).
- Open the firefox and open the iManager using 8443 port number https://<ip address>:8443/nps and enter the credentials of either OES server or NetWare server in iMan login page
- After installing/uninstalling the iManager Plugins, tomcat should be restarted on the Linux workstation. rcnovell-tomcat5 restart.
- Run ./UninstalliManager located under /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/UninstallerData to uninstall stand alone iManager.
- The iManager Plugins that got installed in Linux workstation will be seen under /var/opt/novell/iManager/nps/webapps/nps/packages.
Installation of Mobile iManager on Windows workstation:
- Unzip the iManbase and find the iMan_27_workstation_win in zip format and extract the same on Windows machine.
- Mobile iManager can be started using a MS-DOS Batch file called iManager under /imanager/bin.
- Start the iManager.bat file which starts its own browser and where the OES/NetWare iManager url can be entered directly on the batch file browser.
Disclaimer: As with everything else in the SUSE Blog, this content is definitely not supported by SUSE (so don't even think of calling Support if you try something and it blows up). It was contributed by a community member and is published "as is." It seems to have worked for at least one person, and might work for you. But please be sure to test, test, test before you do anything drastic with it.