We call repositories “services” in SUSE Linux Enterprise.
These commands have been tested on a SLES 10 SP1.
1) First create a directory where you will store your ISO files.
2) Now create your ISO
mkisofs -J -R -iso-level 4 -o /home/sources/sles10sp1.iso /media/SLES10SP_001/
3) Now we add the ISO as a service (installation source)
zypper sa “iso:/?iso=/home/sources/sles10sp1.iso” “SLES 10 SP1”
4) Verify that the service has been successfully added
5) Now we can delete the DVD as a service
zypper sd 1
6) Finally we now test the ISO as a service and install a package like nmap
zypper in -y nmap