Top 5 Reasons to Take the Cloud Foundry User Survey
It’s that time of year again. Spring is in the air (for those of us in the northern hemisphere), the days are getting longer, and it’s time for Cloud Foundry users to take the Cloud Foundry user survey that has just been extended to May 31. To get an idea of what kind of information is gathered, you can read the 2018 survey. If you haven’t taken it yet this year, here are the top five reasons to do so:
- It’s a great way to contribute back to the Cloud Foundry Foundation. You probably already know that Cloud Foundry is a collection of open source projects. Even if you use a commercial and/or hosted distribution of Cloud Foundry, it’s based on open source code. The spirit of open source includes collaborating with others for the greater good. So, even if you’re just a user of Cloud Foundry and have never contributed code to it, here is your chance to help!
- The Foundation and its members rely on the information gathered from the survey to create marketing campaigns and PowerPoint decks for prospects and analysts, etc. If you’re rolling your eyes at the idea of helping us marketing/PPT folks, think of it this way: those things are used to expand the Cloud Foundry market. And a bigger market is better for everyone in the ecosystem, because it means more members, users, and contributors. Everyone wins!
- Cloud Foundry “champions” use it to provide proof points in their organizations. Similar to reason #2, but almost better because you’ll be helping not vendors, but developers and IT staff at various organizations who are looking for a better, more efficient way to get their work done. Sometimes those people need help justifying the decision to use or investigate using Cloud Foundry to their managers. Wouldn’t it feel good to help them?
- Prizes! That’s right, not only will you feel good for contributing, but you could win an Apple Watch Series 4, a super comfy and stylish Cloud Foundry t-shirt, or a coveted Cloud Foundry water bottle. I’ve been in the Cloud Foundry ecosystem for years and have so much swag, but even I don’t have a water bottle. They must be super rare. I think I’ll take the survey and hope I win one!
- The survey has just been extended until May 31, but don’t waste any time. Get it done today and feel good about helping out the community!
I hope those five reasons were enough to make my case. So, please get on over there and take the survey right now. The Cloud Foundry community thanks you in advance.