SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.5 Public Beta is out!
We are thrilled to announce the Public Beta of SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro 5.5!
SLE Micro is an ultra-reliable, lightweight operating system purpose built for edge computing. Please check out our Product page to learn more, but for the beta program, please refer to our dedicated beta page.
- SLE Micro 5.5 is based on SLE 15 SP5 where the previous releases were based SLE 15 SP4. Please check out the Release Notes for SLES 15 SP5
- Refresh of other components
- Updated SELinux policies
- Providing qcow2 image for x86_64 and aarch64
rawdisk images for x86_64 now include Intel and AMD microcode pre-installed
cockpitSELinux module provides integration with setroubleshoot-server
- bsc#1213947 – The update repository is not yet initialised, which may result in errors accessing it
- bsc#1213897 – combustion may fail when deploying an image on aarch64
- An updated list of known issues can be found here.
Call for feedback
We are eager and excited to retrieve your feedback on this new version of our beloved SLE Micro product! As with any SUSE Public Beta Program, we have a public mailing list in place for technical and product discussion.
Please refer to SLE Micro Beta web page for more information.