SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 3 Public Beta is out!
We are delighted to announce the Public Beta for SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 3!
You can download it from here.
openSUSE Leap 15.3 & SLE 15 SP3
Starting with SP3, we are now offering packages pre-built binaries from SLE in addition to the sources we were previously providing to openSUSE. This means that openSUSE Leap and SUSE Linux Enterprise are closer together than before, thus easing the migration from openSUSE Leap to SLES.
This article will tell you more about how openSUSE and SLE were made in the past years but also the important changes with openSUSE Leap 15.3 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Service Pack 3.
Notable Changes since SLE 15 SP2
- New SUSE branding (fonts, wallpaper, etc)
- SLES 15 SP3 Beta Base container is available in the SUSE registry and they will be updated weekly.
- Linux Kernel 5.3.18
- glibc 2.31
- perl 5.26.1, nodejs 14.15.4, ruby 2.5.8, python3 3.6.12, python39 3.9.0
- Mozilla Firefox 78.7.1 and Mozilla Thunderbird 78.7.0
- Many packages were updated for FIPS compliance
- Rootless Container feature is now supported with podman
- xca is replacing YAST2 CA Management
- systemd 246.10 which now provides OCI container management via systemd
- PostgreSQL13 is now the default PostgreSQL version on SLE 15 SP3. PostgreSQL12 and PostgreSQL10 have been moved to the Legacy Module for migration purposes. Please check out here for more information.
- MariaDB 10.5 is now the default mariaDB version on SLE 15 SP3. Please check out here for more information.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team