Catering for all of your software infrastructure management needs SUSE Manager 4.1 is a best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for your software-defined or mode 2 infrastructure.
Designed to help your enterprise DevOps and IT Operations teams to reduce complexity and regain control of IT and IoT assets, increase efficiency whilst meeting security policies and optimizing operations with automation to reduce costs.
Introducing SUSE Manager 4.1
SUSE Manager 4.1, the latest release from SUSE, delivers a best-in-class open source infrastructure management and automation solution that lowers costs, identifies risk, enhances availability and reduces complexity.
As a key component of a software-defined infrastructure, SUSE Manager 4.1 delivers the following new or enhanced capabilities to your Edge, Cloud & Datacenter environments:
With expanded Operating System (OS) support, Cluster integration and management you can further simplify management and regain control with SUSE Manager 4.1
• You can now get even better control of complex heterogeneous IT environments with extended target operating
system support now including: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (incl. modular repositories flattening), CentOS 6,7
and 8, Oracle Enterprise Linux, openSUSE Leap 15.2 and Ubuntu20.04 LTS.
Only SUSE Manager combines software content lifecycle management (CLM) with a centrally staged repository, class leading configuration management and automation, plus optional state of the art monitoring capabilities, for all major Linux distributions.
You can also significantly simplify your patch and configuration management stacks by standardizing on SUSE
Manager across all Linux distributions and deployment modes (physical, virtual, and public cloud).
Simplify cluster operations with the first Cluster aware version of SUSE Manager.
• As you modernize your IT landscape and make use of Software Defined Infrastructure stacks based on technologies like Kubernetes and Ceph, your focus of managing the IT infrastructure has to move from managing individual Linux servers and VMs to managing infrastructure clusters. Multiple cluster types will be supported in coming releases, with SUSE Manager 4.1 initially providing support for SUSE CaaSP.
Lower costs and streamline management with enhanced usability, virtual machine management and
• Operations and DevOps staff can now streamline the setup, daily use and maintenance of SUSE Manager simplifying
and automating routine tasks; such as the mass on boarding of rootless or password-less clients.
• With enhanced virtual machine management capabilities the management of highly distributed virtualized
server infrastructures becomes a lot easier. If you run virtual machine environments at the edge such as telco,
manufacturing or retail, SUSE Manager now enables the efficient management of tens to thousands of VMs across
an entire estate.
If you run SAP workloads virtualized on SLES, with SUSE Manager 4.1 you can eliminate complexity and simplify deployments by reducing the number of vendors in your software defined infrastructure management stack (OS, virtualization and virtualization management and monitoring all come from SUSE). SUSE Manager also significantly simplifies your environments where the frequent setup of virtualized test deployments of SAP workloads are required.
Need to virtualize Kubernetes to best leverage your powerful hardware? You can accelerate and maximize implementations by gaining higher scale from your container platform while simplifying deployments (no need for separate VMware layer, high automation from bare metal deployment to VMs to cluster). You can now also use virtualization to securely separate multiple clusters/ tenants in a Kubernetes environment.
• To keep your infrastructure safe and healthy SUSE Manager 4.1 expands the new Prometheus/Grafana based monitoring stack introduced with version SUSE Manager 4 with enhanced support for large federated and non-routable network environments.
Allowing your Linux systems and devices to be monitored wherever they reside and irrespective of how they are network connected.
Scale SUSE Manager 4.1 to tens of thousands of client devices without compromise.
• With ever growing Linux footprints you need your management tool be able to scale to tens of thousands of Linux devices and beyond. With the performance and scalability enhancements in 4.1, we are ensuring that a SUSE Manager deployment can easily scale in your environment in any direction, while ensuring no performance issues even in very large-scale environments.
This allows you the flexibility to grow your infrastructure as required by your business needs, with the assurance
that SUSE Manager will be able to manage your large estate, and the cost implications of growing their footprint
will not be exaggeratedly high.
With the “SUSE Manager Hub – Tech Preview” multiserver architecture we’re gradually introducing a framework that allows for scaling SUSE Manager deployments to the hundreds of thousands of nodes with tiered management servers.
How can SUSE Manager help me in these unprecedented times?
During these uncertain and unprecedented times IT staff volatility has highlighted that when serious IT staff disruption
occurs, home grown tools, disparate management products, remote management issues, lack of automation, and inconsistent monitoring and health checks leave IT seriously compromised. A fully leveraged SUSE Manager solution addresses ALL of the above and much more keeping your servers, VMs, containers and clusters secure, healthy, compliant and low maintenance irrespective of where they are deployed – Private, Public or Hybrid cloud.
SUSE Manager 4.1 will be available for download from July 21st 2020
For more information