A registered client system disappeared from SUSE Manager
This document (7012170) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Typically this is a problem when working with imaging/cloning.
On SLES 11, NCC credentials are saved in file "/etc/zypp/credentials.d/NCCcredentials". See the example below:
# cat /etc/zypp/credentials.d/NCCcredentials
On SLES 10 systems, NCC credentials are saved in the files /etc/zmd/deviceid and /etc/zmd/secret.
Once the client system with the duplicated NCC credentials is found, make the following steps for fixing the issue:
- Remove the client systems in SUSE Manager using the web interface.
- Run "mgr-ncc-sync" on the SUSE Manager server from command line.
- On SLES 11 client systems, move "/etc/zypp/credentials.d/NCCcredentials" to "/tmp" (on SLES 10 client systems, remove /etc/zmd/deviceid and /etc/zmd/secret, then restart zmd).
- Run the bootstrap script on the client systems again.
- Run again "mgr-ncc-sync" on the SUSE Manager server from command line.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012170
- Creation Date:19-APR-13
- Modified Date:22-APR-13
- SUSESUSE Manager
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback