SUSE YES Certification for SLE 15 SP1 Now Available
With the official release of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP1 on June 24, 2019, we also announce the availability of the latest SUSE YES Certification Kit (SCK) version 8.3.
The 8.3 SCK now includes certification support for SUSE® Linux Enterprise 15 SP1 including Xen and KVM virtualization certification, and continues support for SUSE® Linux Enterprise for Arm, SUSE® Linux Enterprise for Power, and SUSE® Linux Enterprise for z Systems. Certifications for servers, workstations, desktops, laptops, point of service systems, virtualization hosts, and third-party hypervisors are also supported.
Notable Updates in SCK v8.3:
SCK v8.3 enhances existing certification test modules to better align with SLE 15 SP1 functionality and new CPU and associated HW architectures. Upgrading to the SCK v8.3 will not require new equipment or hardware.
- The TestConsole now requires SLES 12 SP4
- Intel® OptaneTM DC Persistent Memory testing is now available
- Certification Support for SLE 15 SP1 has been added
- Certification Support for SLE 12 SP3 has been removed
- The SCK 8.3 should be used for all future certification testing beginning immediately. There is however a grace period for certification testing efforts that began prior to the release of SCK v8.3. The deadline for submissions with the now legacy SCK v8.2 is July 31, 2019.
After this date, no submissions generated with SCK v8.2 will be accepted
- All submissions for SLE 15 SP1 MUST be generated by the SCK v8.3
- SCK v8.3 should also be used for all SLE 15, SLE 12 SP4 and SLEPOS 12 certifications
- General support for SLES 12 SP3 ended on June 30, 2019 and we will no longer accept submissions after July 31, 2019
- General support for SLES 15 ends on December 31, 2019; this will be the last SCK to provide support for the SLES 15 product
- All SLES 15 certifications should be completed and submitted before December 31, 2019. After this date, SLE 15 certifications should be performed with SLES 15 SP1.
Where To Download SCK v8.3
SUSE hardware partners with a current Service Level Agreement (SLA), have access to current SCKs for testing and certification of Servers, Workstations, POS Terminals, Desktops, Laptops and Virtualization Environments with currently supported OS versions and may submit subsequent test results to request SUSE YES Certification.
The SCK v8.3 ISO and accompanying Documentation are contained in compressed .zip files and can be downloaded from the SUSE Bulletin System (SBS) home page:
or from the SUSE Bulletin System (SBS) opening webpage (with login):
With SUSE Linux Enterprise and SCK 8.3 you will have the power to leverage the premier system certification program – SUSE YES Certification. We wish you success as you use these tools and SUSE YES Certification to help increase your product sales opportunities.