SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 Beta 2 is already here!
We are happy to announce the release of SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 Beta 2 !
Please check out our main SUSE OpenStack Cloud Beta page for more information: https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/cloud-beta/
SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 focuses on four major topics:
- OpenStack Rocky Release: new upstream OpenStack content,
- Update to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP4: The latest version of our core SLES 12 Operating System, which is at the end of it’s development phase. More information on SLES 12 SP4 at https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/
- New Day2 User Interface for Cloud Lifecycle Manager: this allow operators to use a graphical user interface to view the health of the cloud and to make operational changes
- IPv6 Support: IPv6 Support for Tenant and Control Plane Networks.
These functions will be phased into the various release within the beta timeline.
Cloud Lifecycle Manager is available
Today we are releasing SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 CLM along with SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 Crowbar! You will now find it in the download area:
- SUSE-OPENSTACK-CLOUD-9-x86_64-Beta2-DVD1.iso the ISO to install Cloud 9 with Cloud Lifecycle Manager,
- SUSE-OPENSTACK-CLOUD-CROWBAR-9-x86_64-Beta2-DVD1.iso the ISO to install Cloud 9 with Crowbar,
As a reminder SUSE OpenStack Cloud comes in two flavors:
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud CLM is the default and uses the Cloud Lifecycle Manager (CLM). CLM comes with several advantages like template-based cloud definition with a built-in configuration checker, version control of cloud configurations using the industry standard git SCCS, and flexibility to extensively modify cloud configurations without requiring a cloud redeployment.
For an introduction to Cloud Lifecycle Manager you can check out this blog post made for SUSE OpenStack Cloud 8:
SUSE OpenStack Cloud 8 introduces new Cloud Lifecycle Manager
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud Crowbar is the continuation of prior SUSE OpenStack Cloud releases and uses the Crowbar Lifecycle Manager
SUSE OpenStack Cloud Public Beta Program
We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome your feedback.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE OpenStack Cloud Team