SLE 12 SP5 Release Candidate 2 is out!
We are happy to announce Release Candidate 2 for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 5:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP (SLES for SAP),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA and SLEHA GEO),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
- SUSE Linux Enterprise for High Performance Computing (SLEHPC).
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 5 (SLE 12 SP5) is the last Service Pack of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (SLE 12) code stream.
- This Service Pack 5 is a consolidation Service Pack release.
- No Desktop product for SLE 12 SP5:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED) 12 End Of Life is on Dec 31st 2019, and thus we will not deliver SLED 12 SP5. Customers are kindly ask to use either SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5 with the Workstation Extension or migrate to SLED 15 SP1.
- Kernel used for SLE 12 SP5 is the same as SLE 15 SP1,
- Beta Registration Codes are available to get access to the Online Channels through SCC, SMT, RMT or SUSE Manager. Please request your Beta Registration Codes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notable Changes for RC 2
- NEW Added SLES 12 SP5 Vagrant images:
- Vagrant is a tool that provides a unified workflow for the creation, deployment and management of virtual development environments.
- We now provide SLES Vagrant boxes for x86_64 and aarch64. The x86_64 boxes support the libvirt and Virtualbox provider, the aarch64 box only the libvirt provider. Download available here.
- curl 7.60.0-9.5
- drbd 9.0.14+git.62f906cf-9.3
- drbd-utils 9.4.0-7.2
- libpgp-error 1.29
- libvirt 5.1.0-11.3 (bsc#1149100)
- mokutil 0.2.0-21.1
- samba 4.10.5+git.116
- sles-manuals_* packages got updated and translated, except sled-manuals_zh_TW
- wicked 0.6.57
- xen 4.12.1_04
- yast2-cluster 3.4.1
- yast2-country 3.2.18
- yast2-storage 3.2.22
- python-python-daemon 2.1.2 Package was downgraded to sync version across product portfolio
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team