In May we announced version 6, based on the Ceph Nautilus release which delivered new features focused on containerized and cloud workload support, improved integration with public cloud, and enhanced data protection capabilities. With the delivery of the code in June, this new release is helping IT organizations to seamlessly adapt to changing business demands while also reducing operation IT expense by:
- Accelerating innovation as it further removes storage silos, giving customers easier access to different types of data and enabling them to quickly extract information from data using cutting edge search and analytics tools.
- Maximizing application availability with faster and more granular backups that can now leverage public cloud resources for improved data protection.
- Responding to changing business demands faster with the ability to quickly and easily leverage public cloud resources as part of their storage infrastructure
- Optimizing data placement with the ability to automatically and efficiently move data between all tiers of storage based on policy, ensuring access to critical data when customers need it.
- Improving IT efficiency with a single, scalable storage solution that meets all storage requirements for containerized and cloud-enabled workloads, no matter where they live.
Don’t get left behind! Now has never been a better time to upgrade to SUSE Enterprise Storage 6, especially with the support for version 4 coming to an end.
To learn more about how to upgrade, please go to the upgrade documentation at https://documentation.suse.com/ses/6/html/ses-all/cha-ceph-upgrade.html (or https://documentation.suse.com/ses/5.5/html/ses-all/cha-ceph-upgrade.html for upgrade to version 5).
We also recommend that you contact your SUSE or Partner Sales Team to let them know you’re upgrading, so that they can help support you with the upgrade.