A New SUSE SAP Business One installer image is ready
Following our motto „We adapt you succeed“ together with our IHV‘s and SAP we have refreshed the installer image for SAP Business One.
First of all many thanks to all IHV‘s which have validated the new installer image. They went the extra mile with us and make this happen. I‘d like to say thank you again for the great cooperation between all parties during this validation period. The new SUSE SAP Business One installer image was validated by FUJITSU, Nutanix, Supermicro and Dell for their respective Hardware.
SAP Business One 10 requires and supports SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15
Base operating system including all patches until the October 2020 is “SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP2”
SUSE SAP Installation Wizard (partitioning and installation of SAP HANA and SAP Business One)
System optimization for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® in place (sapconf 5) https://documentation.suse.com/sles-sap/15-SP2/single-html/SLES-SAP-guide/#sec-sapconf-5
- tailored for bare metal deployments only (FUJITSU, Nutanix, Supermicro, Dell)
The pre-installed OS image requires a normal SUSE subscription for SLES and is a service from SUSE for the Business One partners without additional costs
- System can be activated with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications with suitable subscriptions
- in case of SLES for SAP Applications two migration steps are required:
technical migration (product change) and a business migration (new subscription)
- SAP software for SAP HANA® and SAP Business One® is as before NOT part of the image
Installation documentation is provided by SAP
- SAP HANA systemreplication automation based High availability setup is only supported with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications (Best Practice)
needs suitable subscription
additional steps to setup the cluster on top of the SAP HANA systemreplication
Where can you get the new image:
As always here -> https://www.suse.com/slesb1hana
(a SUSE partner login is required)
Please consult the SAP note for SAP Business One 1944415 and checkout our other blog post’s.
This is Bernd (SUSE) from the SAP technical alliance team normally “onsite” in the SAP LinuxLab Germany