Xen bridge missing after SLES upgrade
This document (7012378) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 sp1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 sp2
- Start Yast
- Choose the virtulization section
- Utilize the Install Hypervisor utility
- Confirm the Xen bridge doesn't exist and that none of the bridge interface names conflict with standard network card names (such as eth0)
- brctl show
- Remove any incorrect / unused bridges
- brctl delbr BRIDGENAME
- Create a new Xen bridge (xenbr0 is the default bridge name)
- brctl addbr xenbr0
- Notice: At this point we will lose network connectivity.
- Replace eth0 below with the interface that the Xen domU virtual machines should be communicating from.
- Add the public interface to the xenbr0 bridge.
- brctl addif xenbr0 eth0
- At this point, you will need to migrate any network settings from eth0 to the new xenbr0. For example, if eth0 obtained its IP address over DHCP, you will need to configure xenbr0 for DHCP. eth0 shouldn't have an IP address going forward. You can use Yast here to configure the network interfaces.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7012378
- Creation Date:07-MAY-13
- Modified Date:07-MAY-13
- SUSESUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search