CA management on SMT 11 failed with DNS names starting with a number
This document (7004411) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Subscription Management Tool 11
ValueException:-1:Wrong LiteralValue for type 'DNS': 192-21-184-126-dynip.provider.com
Workaround: Use the YaST2 CA management module to create the CA manually.
Steps to create a root CA and a common server certificate
Create root CA:
- Start as root 'yast2 ca_mgm' from a console
- If no CA exists click on 'Create Root CA'
- Choose a CA and common name for this certificate
- Enter the email address of the issuer and optional information such as organization, unit, locality, state and country
- press next
- Choose the password, length of the key and its validity
- Press next to see an overview about the CA
- Press create to create the CA
- Select the CA in the YaST2 CA management module
- Press "Enter CA"
- Enter the password
- Click on Certificates
- Click on Add
- Choose Server Certificate
- Provide the requested data
- Press next
- Here it is possible to either use the CA password for the server certificate or a different one. Also key lengt and validity may be changed.
- Press next to get to an overview and
- press create to create the server certificate
- On the certificates tab locate the "Export" button and
- select "Export as common server certificate"
- Enter the password that was chosen (either for the CA or for the server certificate)
- A message "Certificate has been written as common server certificate" should be seen
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for NetIQ/Novell/SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004411
- Creation Date:09-SEP-09
- Modified Date:27-APR-12
- SUSESubscription Management ToolSUSE Linux Enterprise Server
Did this document solve your problem? Provide Feedback< Back to Support Search