Red Hat to SUSE Linux Enterprise Migration
Get commercial support for your current Linux environment during your transition to SUSE Linux Enterprise.
Migrating from one platform to another can be complicated by factors such as IT resource limitations, application migration scheduling, and training costs. To help customers address those challenges, SUSE is providing support for your current Linux environment during your transition.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with Expanded Support is a unique product that delivers commercial support for multi-vendor Linux environments. By covering support for existing Linux deployments, it removes significant cost barrier associated with introducing a second Linux distribution while offering tangible benefits of the most interoperable Linux.
The result of significant demand from customers who have made the strategic decision to move their mission-critical data center operations to SUSE Linux Enterprise, this product includes patches, fixes and technical support for other common Linux platforms found in the data center, including Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The three-year subscription with priority-level technical support includes:
- Electronic delivery of updates via SUSE Customer Center and on-site Subscription Management Tool
- 24x7x365 unlimited technical support
- One- or four-hour response time (depending on severity)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 3, 4, 5 or 6), or CentOS support for three years
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 3, 4 and 5
- RHEL patches and updates that are binary compatible to those published via Red Hat Network
- Training for migration to SUSE Linux Enterprise from other Linux platforms
Comprehensive Linux Server Management with SUSE Manager
Also available to ease your migration from Red Hat to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is SUSE Manager. SUSE Manager enables the seamless management of mixed Linux environments. By using SUSE Manager with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with Expanded Support, you can confidently manage existing Red Hat servers plus existing or new SUSE Linux Enterprise Servers. If you have Red Hat Network Satellite, you can transition to SUSE Manager with one easy step, and since SUSE Manager has a similar user interface, your IT staff requires virtually no retraining.
Which Products Do I Need?
Products that provide Red Hat to SUSE Linux Enterprise Migration:
- Request a Call Need pricing?
Want to evaluate it? Want to find a partner?
- Register for an Event
Find a SUSE Enterprise Linux Server event in your area.
- Become a PartnerLearn how SUSE can help you grow your Enterprise Linux Server business.
- Join a CommunityTalk to others about Enterprise Linux Server solutions from SUSE.
Want to talk to someone? Call our Sales team or request a call and we'll get right back to you.
For support information, please visit Technical Support.
Enterprise Linux Server Products