Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 24 for SLE 12
|References:||#1042892 #1046191 #1052311 #1052368|
An update that solves three vulnerabilities and has one errata is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.61-52_83 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
- CVE-2017-1000112: Prevent a race condition in net-packet code that could
have been exploited by unprivileged users to gain root access
- CVE-2017-7645: The NFSv2/NFSv3 server in the nfsd subsystem in the Linux
kernel allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system
crash) via a long RPC reply (bsc#1046191).
- CVE-2017-9242: The __ip6_append_data function in net/ipv6/ip6_output.c
in the Linux kernel was too late in checking whether an overwrite of an
skb data structure may occur, which allowed local users to cause a
denial of service (system crash) via crafted system calls (bsc#1042892).
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-1547=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use "zypper patch".
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (x86_64):