Last week, on June 20th, 2017 Lenovo launched the largest Data Center portfolio in their history to help customers harness the “intelligent revolution” and SUSE is all for it.
According to Kirk Skaugen, new President of Lenovo`s Data Center Group (DCG), “the new Lenovo ThinkSystem portfolio pulls together next-generation servers, storage and networking systems under a single unified brand instead of multiple brands coming from acquisitions. ThinkSystem is engineered to reliably and safely deliver demanding workloads such as real-time analytics, DevOps application services, and software-defined storage services.”
Also, since data centers are increasingly fluid and business needs are fast-evolving, Lenovo also announced ThinkAgile, a software-defined solutions portfolio designed for hybrid cloud, hyper-converged infrastructure, and software-defined storage.
We are very excited about this launch coming from such an important alliance partner and it may make you wonder:
“How is SUSE positioned to support this new approach?”
Well… that is how:
- Real-time analytics (SAP HANA): SUSE Linux Enterprise for SAP applications is the Linux OS of choice for SAP HANA workloads and the one that powers Lenovo`s SAP HANA appliance. We also have joint offerings for SAP VORA and ITOA, if you are an interested customer.
- Software Defined Storage: SUSE Enterprise Storage is an open source Ceph-based solution on Lenovo`s price list to support their software-defined storage offerings for our joint customers.
- High Performance Computing and Mission Critical Workloads: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server powers the MareNostrum 4 at Barcelona Supercomputing Center (watch video here) and is also great for all mission-critical workloads you could imagine along with SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching which lets you patch your kernel without rebooting it to reach your goal of zero downtime.
- Hybrid cloud: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is also available on Microsoft Azure Marketplace and can power your Lenovo ThinkAgile SX for Microsoft Azure Stack for any cloud workload.
Please visit Lenovo`s Executive Briefing Center in Raleigh, North Carolina where you`ll be able to see all of our joint solutions in full display.
Or, keep up with our Strategic Partnership at suse.com/lenovo
If you want more information on Lenovo`s launch, you can read Blogs below:
- Lenovo Introduces its Largest, Most Comprehensive Portfolio of Data Center Solutions – Kamran Amini, Executive Director of Lenovo Enterprise Business Group (EBG) explains Lenovo`s End-to-End Portfolio
- Helping Data Center Customers Tackle Their Greatest Challenges – Great interview for non-techies with Kirk Skaugen, new President of Lenovo`s Data Center Group (DCG)