Install the Default Kernel from DVD in Rescue Mode.
This document (7021125) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11
Loading Linux 4.4.74-92.29-default ...error: file `/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.74-92.29-default' not found.Loading initramdisk ...error: you need to load the kernel first.Press any key to continue...
In the case where the server does not have any previous kernels please proceed following these steps:
1) Follow this TID to the chroot part :
2) Make sure to additionally mount the following partitions when they reside outside the root partition./boot /var /tmp3) Mount the SLES 12 SP2 DVD :mount /dev/sr0 /mnt4) Change directory to the following folder :cd /mnt/suse/x86_64/5) Install the default kernel :rpm -Uvh --oldpackage kernel-default-18.104.22.168.1.x86_64.rpm6) exit7) reboot
To update the system, please make sure the server is registered to SCC or SMT and perform these steps :
1) zypper patch2) reboot
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7021125
- Creation Date: 27-Jul-2017
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com