Ceph health objects per Placement Group warning
This document (7018414) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Enterprise Storage 4
HEALTH_WARN pool $pool_name has too few pgs
pool $pool_name objects per pg (XX) is more than XX times cluster average (1)
1. If it is determined that the current configured PGs per pool is set optimally, the warning can be ignored.
2. Alternatively increase the max object skew warning using:
ceph tell mon.* injectargs '--mon_pg_warn_max_object_skew XX'
The default setting is 10.
3. Increase the configured amount of PGs for the volumes if it is determined that this value is not set optimally. Caution should be taken here as currently the PGs can only be increased but not decreased and an non-optimal setting can have a negative impact on cluster performance.
Since determining the correct number of PGs per volume is non-trivial please see the upstream Ceph documentation for more information.
:~ # rados df
data_spin 46622555 11452 69 0 0 140 479 11852 47714909
total used 70964936 11595
total avail 154320928
total space 225285864
To see the current configuration settings for the monitor (MON) query the daemon via the admin socket by executing on the node hosting the MON:
ceph daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph/ceph-mon.$ceph_node.asok config show
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7018414
- Creation Date: 22-Dec-2016
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Enterprise Storage
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com