How to configure VLAN tags on SLES 11 using YAST
This document (7017142) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
- Select "Network Devices"
- Select "Network settings"
- Select the "Overview" tab
- Click the Add button
- Select VLAN in the "Device type" dropdown
- Choose a number from the "Configuration name" dropdown
- Click Next
- On this "Address" tab select the interface that you want the VLAN tag on
in the "Real Interface for VLAN" dropdown
- Type in the correct number in the VLAN ID field
- Fill in the IP address, Subnet Mask, and Hostname fields
Verify the new VLAN in the ifconfig output at the terminal.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7017142
- Creation Date: 12-Jan-2016
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com