SLES 11 boot hangs starting D-Bus daemon
This document (7007555) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11
LDAP depends on the network
The network depends on dbus
dbus depends on LDAP
Having LDAP authentication enabled and the LDAP bind_policy set to "hard" does not allow a connection retry in a timely manner.
- bind_policy <hard_open|hard_init|soft>
- Specifies the policy to use for reconnecting to an unavailable LDAP server. The default is hard_open, which reconnects if opening the connection to the directory server failed. By contrast, hard_init reconnects if initializing the connection failed. Initializing may not actually contact the directory server, and it is possible that a malformed configuration file will trigger reconnection. If soft is specified, then nss_ldap will return immediately on server failure. All "hard" reconnect policies block with exponential backoff before retrying.
Edit the /etc/ldap.conf:
- Document ID:7007555
- Creation Date: 12-Jan-2011
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: email@example.com