Installation of SLES 10 SP3 fails when run from a hard disk on a system with an unpartitioned USB device
This document (7005328) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
Steps to Reproduce1. Setup a system with a hard disk with the SLES 10 SP3 installation source on it.
2. Plug a USB device without any partition into the system.
4. Continue the install normally until the system reboots.
6. The disk with the installation source cannot be mounted through a console ( Ctrl+Alt+F2) either. The message states that the disk is already mounted/busy.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7005328
- Creation Date: 09-Feb-2010
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org