Passphrase prompt for encrypted filesystem continually scrolls on boot
This document (7004795) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 3
There are two workarounds that can be used.
1. Modify /etc/crypttab to use the original device name /dev/hdX instead of /dev/disk/by-.../. It should look something like this:
cr_hda1 /dev/hda1 none none hda1 reiserfs
2. Use the framebugger console instead of the VGA console. Edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and replace "vga=normal" with "vga=0x317"
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004795
- Creation Date: 04-Nov-2009
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org