Error: Cannot read the SMT configuration file
This document (7004566) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 2
Subscription Management Tool (SMT)
2. clientSetup4SMT has been successfully run
3. None of the SLES Servers/Desktops are able to register to the SMT server.
rpm -qa| grep smt
It should not show you any results.
2. Make sure the time is in sync on the SLED/SLES, SMT client trying to register to the SMT server.The following can be run to ensure the time is in sync.Please note NTP uses port 123, if a firewall is being used, please create a exception for that port or disable it
Example: ntpdate pool.ntp.org
3. Make sure there are sufficient rights to "/etc/smt.conf". Apache needs to access the file and will need rights to the file. You can give the following command to change the rights:
Example: chown root:www /etc/smt.conf
and you should see the below:
SMT01:~ # ls -l /etc/smt.conf
-rw-r----- 1 root www 2386 Sep 30 2009 /etc/smt.conf
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7004566
- Creation Date: 29-Sep-2009
- Modified Date:03-Mar-2020
- Subscription Management Tool
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com