I/O stuck or unreported data inconsistencies on CIFS socket writes
This document (7001879) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9
- Running the CIFS client with caching enabled (default option) may experience data miscompares over stressed or congested networks.
- Running the CIFS Client with the 'forcedirectio' option set and with applications using the 'O_APPEND' option.
The fix to enable CIFS client to run 'forcedirectio' with applications doing 'O_APPEND' is available as a Maintenance Web update for:
- SLES 9 SP4 with an updated kernel which has version 2.6.5-7.314 or above.
- SLE(S/D) 10 SP2 with an updated kernel with version 184.108.40.206-0.31 or above.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:7001879
- Creation Date: 14-Nov-2008
- Modified Date:05-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com