Using persistent name on heartbeat
This document (3692218) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
On a heartbeat system, the following steps are required:
- Add the option PERSISTENT_NAME to the file /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth-id*
(Important: Do not use any default name like eth0, eth1, etc.)
- Add the given persistent name also to the file /etc/ha.d/haresourses.
E.g. "bs1 192.168.0.0/16/nic0 drbddisk::drbd0 ..."
- Reboot the system.
Note: simply restarting the network does not work.
(for more information see the documentation on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server CD1)
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3692218
- Creation Date: 05-Jul-2007
- Modified Date:25-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Point of Service
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com