Error: "Failed to extract kernel from installation source".
This document (3592872) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
A modified Xen kernel is required for DomU guests running in paravirtualized mode.
The shipping version of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server supports only SLES 10 as a DomU (guest) in paravirtualized mode.
For the YaST Xen module (running in the Dom0 (host)) to operate, it needs access to the installation media for SLES 10.
The SLES 10 installation files for a SLES 10 DomU VM can be located at one of the following:
- OS installation program located on CD/DVD physical media or ISO image files.
- OS installation program configured as an installation source on the network.
- Disk image, partition, disk, or other type of block device with an already-installed operating system.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3592872
- Creation Date: 02-Oct-2006
- Modified Date:10-Mar-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com