SLED 10 : MPlayer plug-in for Firefox plays sound but does not display video
This document (3170791) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
- Open /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
- Locate the line for the video output (begins with "vo=").
- Remove the XVideo option ("xv").
- Save the file
- Restart Firefox and try the site again.
vo=xv,x11would be altered to read :
vo=x11Upon restarting Firefox, the MPlayer plug-ins will attempt to use the x11 drivers for video output instead of the XVideo driver.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3170791
- Creation Date: 20-Jul-2006
- Modified Date:23-Feb-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com