The Yast module "System Update" is missing in SLES10 SP1
This document (3054535) is provided subject to the disclaimer at the end of this document.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
After upgrading to SLES10 SP1 the "System Update" module in YaST is no longer available.
The procedure as mentioned above is no longer supported and should not be used since it could cause complications under certain circumstances. The proper way is to either:
- boot the system with the ServicePack and select "System Update" instead of "New Installation".
- install the ServicePack via "PatchCD".
- or use the online update tools to install the ServicePack via patches.
This Support Knowledgebase provides a valuable tool for SUSE customers and parties interested in our products and solutions to acquire information, ideas and learn from one another. Materials are provided for informational, personal or non-commercial use within your organization and are presented "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND.
- Document ID:3054535
- Creation Date: 19-Nov-2007
- Modified Date:23-Feb-2021
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
For questions or concerns with the SUSE Knowledgebase please contact: tidfeedback[at]suse.com