Rapidly changing Embedded landscape
With growth comes significant challenges for manufacturers in many industries such as automotive, healthcare and transportation. New innovations bring with them widespread changes in hardware, systems, and security standards.
Fierce competition means manufacturers need to find a balance between reducing production costs and increasing the differentiation of their offerings. To be successful, they must find ways to optimize their product’s performance, deliver new functionality and bring their products to the market faster.
- As the number of IoT and Edge devices increase, so does the challenge of delivering timely security patches and software updates to a large and often diverse install base.
- The growth of embedded devices leads to the diversification in technology standards. To ensure customers benefit from rapidly evolving technology, enterprises will adopt new standards to support multi-cloud, public, hybrid, and private cloud use cases.
- Device manufacturers must find ways to accelerate the development and manufacturing of their embedded products. The use of the latest container technology will ensure the release of stable new products to market faster.
Bring innovation to market faster with minimum risk
We enable device manufacturers to rapidly prototype, harden, maintain, and grow production-grade embedded solutions. Our products are 100% open source and built using open standards. SUSE Embedded solutions include SE Linux and are certified for FIPS 140-2, DISA SRG/STIG, CIS and Common Criteria certified configurationsLearn More
Maximize developer flexibility and agility
Our ultra-reliable, immutable operating system is 3 times smaller than SUSE Linux Enterprise but inherits it’s the same enterprise-grade security capabilities that guard against attack, fragmentation and corruption. Deploy your embedded apps to both Arm or x-86 devices with confidence.
Up to 19-year security update commitment
Updates are transactional with full transparency into code fixes, patches and updates. We also include access to SUSE Manager that can provision, configure, automate, monitor, and update all your embedded devices from a single pane of glass. Now, even the smallest devices are as secure and reliable as your datacenter and cloud infrastructure.
On-board Kubernetes for emerging edge use cases
Leverage the proven embedded Linux products of today with the ability to easily transition to the latest cloud-native technologies including Rancher, Longhorn, and K3s. SUSE’s flexible subscription model ensures enterprise assurance without vendor lock-in.
Bosch Car Multimedia, part of the Bosch Group, develops smart integration solutions for in-car entertainment as well as navigation, telematics and driver assistance functions used in the original equipment business. Headquartered in Hildesheim, Germany, Bosch Car Multimedia supplies its products to leading car, truck and coach manufacturers from all around the world.
- Collaboration between Bosch Car Multimedia and SUSE delivers cost-efficient and unified development environments for Bosch product development
- High-availability for Bosch IT systems
- Reduced time required for new product releases
See the difference with SUSE products & solutions
Provision, configure, automate, monitor, and update your embedded devices faster.
The world’s most popular Kubernetes management platform.
Enterprise-grade Linux optimized for unique 64-bit Arm chip capabilities.