SUSE for SAP HANA
When you run SAP HANA, the next generation of SAP in-memory computing technology, you want to ensure that the underlying OS you choose gives you enterprise-level reliability, availability, scalability, manageability, and security to meet your needs.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is the recommended and supported OS of choice for SAP HANA and is currently running in over 5800 SAP HANA installations.
Drive Digital Transformation with SUSE
SAP HANA on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server provides the digital transformation platform for S/4HANA delivering the stable, secure and highly flexible platform needed for SAP customers to become true digital companies. The Gartner Group Newsletter “Drive Digital Transformation with SUSE” gives you access to a free report on use cases for SAP HANA, and SUSE insights on defining your digitalization path.
With Automated Failover
Since 2011, SUSE and SAP have been constantly working on improving the scalability and high availability of SAP HANA so that customers can grow their deployments to include multiple nodes and true big data environments. To ensure high availability and disaster recovery, SAP HANA can replicate your SAP HANA system within the same data center or across two data centers. This feature is called "SAP HANA Systems Replication." SUSE supports this feature by providing two resource agents for customers to ensure the high availability of SAP HANA System Replications.
Through Your Operating System
At least as important as the security of the SAP HANA database is the security of the underlying operating system. Many hacker attacks are targeted at the operating system and not directly at the database. Once a hacker has gained access and sufficient privileges, he or she can continue to attack the running database application.
SUSE has a long-running history in IT security for Linux operating systems and offers a comprehensive security package for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server to protect systems from all kinds of security incidents. In order to further improve the security standard specifically for SAP HANA, SUSE has developed the Operating System Security Hardening for SAP HANA guide and Tech-cast.
With SUSE Manager
SUSE Manager will enable you to efficiently manage a set of Linux systems and keep them up-to-date. This is done by connecting SUSE Manager to package and update sources, organized as repositories. SUSE provides a technical resource, Setting Up SUSE Manager for a SAP HANA Scale-out Scenario, that describes how to install a SUSE Manager server and how it could be used to update your SAP HANA scale-out scenario. Learn more about how to Tame your IT environment with SUSE Manager.
Accelerate Time to Value
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP applications is the recommended OS for SAP HANA and consistently provides outstanding uptime and performance—even under full CPU loads and high memory stress. Read more about our SAP solutions or visit the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications product page.
SAP HANA on AWS
If you want to run a complete SAP HANA instance running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on Amazon EC2, AWS provides a Quick Start Reference Deployment that launches an SAP HANA cluster of 1 to 5 nodes and requires minimal effort. Use the AWS SAP HANA Reference Deployment Guide for an overview of the architecture and to get links to the AWS CloudFormation template that automates the installation. See more at the AWS Marketplace.
SAP HANA on Microsoft Azure
SUSE and Microsoft are working together to provide a frictionless path to adopting SAP HANA on purpose-built cloud infrastructure that is backed by best-in-class support and high-availability. Microsoft Azure enables you to run the largest SAP HANA workloads on the cloud with the reliability and scalability you need. See more on the Azure Marketplace and read a deployment guide for SUSE VMs for SAP Applications on Azure here.
Developers & Startups
- SUSE supports SAP Startup Focus, a global program to help startup companies in the big data, predictive and real-time analytics space develop new applications that use the SAP HANA platform
- SAP HANA + SUSE on Amazon EC2: Running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SAP HANA + SUSE on Microsoft Azure: SAP HANA Developer Edition
Explore SAP HANA
- Getting Fast Business Insight with SAP HANA on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and IBM Power Systems
- By migrating its mission-critical ERP solution to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications and SAP HANA, Greenply reduced its IT costs, improved flexibility and dramatically increased performance
- Improve Availability of SAP HANA with Fujitsu and SUSE
- SHS Group—Speeding sales insight with 100 times faster reporting on SAP HANA
- Re-imagine and modernize your real-time business with SAP HANA—an innovative partnership between Dell, SAP, and SUSE
- Learn more about SAP HANA
- Integrating SAP In-Memory Appliance (SAP HANA) Into Your System Landscape (TechEd Session)
- Visit the Experience SAP HANA forum and engage with developers and customers