SUSE and Dell/EMC Strategic Alliance
Did you know that SUSE is the Only Tier one Linux OS that is fully certified and supported across all of Dell’s hardware platforms
We have a long and storied alliance, and each day we are building more and more customer value through joint innovation and best in class customer service.
Through over a decade of collaboration, DELL and SUSE bring to market industry-leading solutions that maximizes performance, availability and epitomizes on choice for customers. Working together, we harness the power of new DELL technologies and leading open source offerings, helping enterprises to address today’s and tomorrow’s IT and businesses challenges.
Together, we help you tackle challenges with:
- Increasing complexity in your Data centers – Server and VM sprawl; management burden from virtualization and cloud computing create; general pressure to respond faster to increasing business demands.
- Any and all obstacles on your road to SAP HANA - resource constraints, lack of skills and fear of deployment failure.
- Data explosion and flat storage budgets - Explosive growth in data lead to increasing gaps in companies’ storage needs and their storage budget and proprietary hardware based storage solution is no longer cutting it.
- Your cloud migration strategy - the rise of shadow IT and ease of ordering IT services through public clouds demands every IT organization to become proactive about how to manage workloads as they fluidly move from private to public clouds and back
SAP HANA Solutions
Your business success relies on quicker decision making, response times and customer service. SAP HANA can help get you there, with its high-performance, in-memory technology. Add Dell hardware and SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications and you can accelerate your time to value.
Dell, SAP and SUSE have partnered to deliver a unified SAP HANA solution that allows you to get more value, more quickly, out of your implementation—so you can spend less time on installation and management and more time on the projects that grow your business.
For more than 10 years, SUSE and Dell have shared a commitment to bringing Linux to every area of the enterprise. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications is a Dell Tier 1 operating system and is validated on all of Dell’s enterprise platforms, including all Dell PowerEdge servers, Dell OpenManage, Dell storage and Dell networking. SUSE is Dell’s preferred SAP partner, with 95 percent of Dell SAP installations running SUSE Linux Enterprise Server.
SUSE also has a longstanding and close partnership with SAP. SUSE Linux Enterprise is the operating system optimized for all SAP software solutions and is the #1 Linux platform for SAP Solutions.
Mission Critical Compute
With seamless compatibility across our enterprise platforms—SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is validated across all Dell PowerEdge servers. Our joint solutions deliver
- Reliability and Performance — Get the performance, reliability, scalability and usability of UNIX with lower total cost of ownership
- Mission-Critical Reliability — Deploy a modern, efficient and secure foundation for data center computing. SUSE Linux Enterprise Server is architected for mission-critical use and minimal downtime.
- Scalability and Performance — Explore robust open source solutions for high availability validated by Dell and SUSE engineering teams.
- Application Support — Implement a wide range of applications on demand with maximum performance and compatibility assurance. SUSE Linux has very broad Independent Software Vendor (ISV) support with over 9,200 certified applications.
SUSE Enterprise Storage, powered by Ceph, enables organizations to deliver highly scalable, resilient and cost-efficient storage that adapts to changing business and data demands.
SUSE Enterprise Storage is designed as a distributed storage cluster to provide unlimited scalability from tens of terabytes to petabytes. Also, Ceph lowers costs with functionality that is self-managing and self-healing, all running on Dell servers.
Working together, only SUSE and Dell gives you affordable unlimited enterprise scalability for your fast growing storage needs; no more segmentation between tiers of storage, no more dividing object vs block–one element storage solution that fits all your data, from structured to unstructured; Offering you maximum ease, automation and control for your complex storage needs.
Work with one trusted advisor that offers a totally integrated—totally supported Dell SUSE OpenStack private cloud—without ever locking you into a single-vendor solution. Incorporate your existing investments, and apply cloud capabilities incrementally.
Together, Micro Focus and SUSE empower innovation at any scale to help you solve scientific, engineering, and data analysis problems—from the mainstream to the grand challenges of our time.
The complete Dell SUSE Cloud Solution—which includes automated deployment, a certified reference architecture, lifecycle support and expert consultants—helps you improve the speed and accuracy of your IT service delivery. Accelerate configuration and deployment of your entire OpenStack software stack with Dell Crowbar. Rely on a reference architecture that targets common IT challenges. This prescriptive enterprise-cloud architecture is based on. Stay up and running with 24/7 global support from Dell and SUSE during every phase of the solution lifecycle. Consult with Dell-certified specialists to design and optimize your solution (optionally available). Choose an OpenStack cloud platform to create service-centric IT that accelerates your business responsiveness now and in the future.
Joint SAP Solutions
Live Patching and
SAP HANA on Virtustream
- We’re Dell Official, Y’all!
- World record SUSE Linux Enterprise Server performance on Dell PowerEdge with SAP
- OpenStack Board of Directors Talks: Alan Clark, Chairman of the Board
- SUSE Joins Dell Emerging Solutions Ecosystem
- Now May Be A Good Time to Make the Move From UNIX to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- SUSE OpenStack Cloud is the first enterprise-class OpenStack-based reference platform from Dell
- Dell Strikes Deal To Bundle SUSE Linux With OEM Offerings
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Now Available on Dell Cloud with VMware vCloud Datacenter Service
- Dell Joins SUSE Appliance Program