Keynotes from Fujitsu, HPE, IBM, Intel, SAP and SUSE headline global end-user conference Nov. 7-11NUREMBERG, Germany
October 19, 2016
For enterprises needing the flexibility of truly “open” open source technology, SUSE® today announced sponsors, keynotes and breakout session details for its upcoming SUSECON 2016 global end-user conference, to be held Nov. 7-11 in Washington, D.C.
SUSECON 2016 will showcase the latest software-defined infrastructure innovations in open source and Linux technologies. Big Data, DevOps, software-defined storage, cloud computing, zero downtime, data center standardization, Docker and containers, and SAP on Linux are among the topics geared to the needs of enterprise customers at SUSECON.
“For our end users, SUSECON is about two things – consuming extremely valuable content and getting face to face with SUSE engineers, executives, partners, other customers and community enthusiasts,” said Michael Miller, SUSE president of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing. “We’ll talk about transforming IT to increase efficiency, being agile to respond to changing business needs, and keeping mission-critical business systems up and available, among other topics. There is no better place to learn from and associate with knowledgeable peers on such relevant subjects.”
Keynote speakers include:
- Katsue Tanaka, Fujitsu senior vice president and head of Platform Software Business Unit
- Scott Farrand, HPE vice president of HPE Servers-Platform Software
- Kathy Bennett, IBM vice president of Global ISV Technical Enablement and Support
- Figen Ülgen, Ph.D., Intel general manager of High Performance Computing Platform Software and Cloud
- Brian Vink Sr., SAP vice president of Data Management Products
- Nils Brauckmann, SUSE CEO
- Michael Miller, SUSE president of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing
- Thomas Di Giacomo, SUSE CTO
The SUSECON 2016 session catalog includes more than 150 hands-on, tutorial, case study, future outlook and business overview sessions that dive deeply into technology and the future of data center innovation. Session highlights include:
- “SUSE Linux Enterprise Technology Roadmap” – Attendees will learn about delivered and planned capabilities and how SUSE Linux Enterprise technologies can help them implement the best solution for a mission-critical data center, UNIX migration and/or virtualized infrastructure up to the cloud.
- “Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) on SUSE OpenStack Cloud” – This session will demonstrate Network Functions Virtualization Infrastructure-as-a-Service (NFVIaaS) as an extended use-case for SUSE Linux Enterprise and SUSE OpenStack Cloud.
- “Transform Your Data Center from Traditional to Software Defined By Doing Storage First” – As today’s data center executives are under pressure to move to next-generation technologies, this session will discuss integrating Ceph via SUSE Enterprise Storage into today’s data center environment while enabling migration to a software-defined data center of the future.
- “SUSE Manager 3 & SaltStack at Tyson Foods” – Tyson Foods was an early participant in the SUSE Manager 3 beta program, diving head-first into the new SaltStack tools for systems management as they went through a large-scale platform migration for some of their mission-critical systems.
SUSECON 2016 sponsors include Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel and SAP as cornerstone sponsors, with platinum sponsors ARM, Cisco and Lenovo. Gold sponsors include DataVard, Micro Focus, Microsoft Azure, NetApp and Wipro. For more information about SUSECON, visit www.susecon.com.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed – today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.suse.com.
Copyright 2016 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.