“As exciting as SUSE’s growth and innovation has been over the past several years, we are just getting started,” said Nils Brauckmann, CEO of SUSE. “SUSE is better positioned to bring more innovation to customers and partners faster through both organic growth and acquisitions, keeping us on track to provide them with the open solutions that keep them ahead with their own customers in their own markets. We continue to adapt so our customers and partners can succeed.”
SUSE’s business momentum can be seen in its recent growth and related expansion. Revenue grew approximately 15 percent in fiscal year 2018, and the business is about to surpass the $400 million revenue mark for the first time. All regions of the world saw revenue growth in the past year.
SUSE continues to invest heavily in people, with most growth happening in engineering followed by sales and services. More than 300 people were added in the past 12 months, with SUSE staff now approaching 1,750 globally. SUSE continues to be an international organization with employees in 34 countries representing 75 different nationalities.
Jay Lyman, 451 Research principal analyst, said, “SUSE’s independence should allow the company to maintain its strength in the operating system market (where its Linux is a leading option) while also investing dynamically in additional, emerging markets such as cloud native and DevOps. While SUSE benefited from the investments made by its previous parent companies, it is now better positioned to move beyond past successes and markets to capitalize on new opportunities.”
Enterprises today continue to drive demand for cloud and data center solutions along with their growing need for hybrid and multi-cloud solutions, application delivery, containerization and microservices. SUSE’s open approach enables digital transformation on a customer’s own terms.
In other news at SUSECON, SUSE is delivering new hybrid and multi-cloud capabilities and application delivery innovations that help customers transform their digital infrastructures in their own way, as quickly as they need to.
- SUSE Cloud Application Platform 1.4 will be available this month, and it is the first software distribution to introduce a Cloud Foundry Application Runtime in an entirely Kubernetes-native architecture.
- SUSE is now a Kubernetes Certified Service Provider to provide exceptional support and service to enterprises using SUSE Cloud Application Platform and SUSE CaaS Platform application delivery solutions.
- In partner news, SUSE announced the availability of the first enterprise Linux image for SAP HANA Large Instances on Microsoft Azure. The SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications image on Azure provides an improved customer experience by offering consistent build and management capabilities on Azure.
- SUSE’s latest enterprise-ready OpenStack Cloud platform will also be available in April as SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9. Based on OpenStack Rocky, SUSE OpenStack Cloud 9 is the first release to integrate the best of SUSE OpenStack Cloud and HPE OpenStack technology into one, single-branded release.
- SUSE unveiled support for 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors, formerly code named “Cascade Lake,” following on the heels of becoming the first enterprise Linux optimized for Intel Optane DC persistent memory with SAP HANA workloads earlier this year.
At SUSECON in Nashville this week, SUSE is demonstrating its investment in collaboration and choice for partners, customers and community members as the company has redefined “open” to be more than just open source code. Highlighting the SUSECON theme “My kind of open,” SUSE is showcasing that openness in the latest software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that are flexible enough to be deployed anywhere and are fueling digital transformation and business growth. For more information about SUSE, its business or its solutions, visit suse.com.
SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, provides reliable, software-defined infrastructure and application delivery solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 25 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help our customers manage complexity, reduce cost, and confidently deliver mission-critical services. The lasting relationships we build allow us to adapt and deliver the smarter innovation they need to succeed – today and tomorrow. For more information, visit suse.com.
Copyright 2019 SUSE LLC. All rights reserved. SUSE and the SUSE logo are registered trademarks of SUSE LLC in the United States and other countries. All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.