The manufacturer’s challenge
Four future manufacturing imperatives
- Digital transformation. The future of manufacturing will be technology-enabled and Industry 4.0 provides the framework. Cloud, edge computing, digital twin, IoT, and AI/ML will fuel process reinvention, operational efficiency, and state-of-the art innovation.
- Business Resilience. In the wake of disruption, manufacturers must mitigate risk through improved visibility and predictability, strengthened supply chain risk management, and predictive maintenance that eliminates unplanned downtime.
- Security. Surging threats during the pandemic coupled with insider threats, have added to the sense of business risk. For manufacturers, cybersecurity – inside and outside the organization – is increasingly vital.
- Recruitment. New workforce entrants want to use the latest and greatest tech. To overcome the challenge of talent scarcity, making the workplace attractive means making it modern. Cloud-native operators should have access to a full stack of enterprise-ready open-source tools. Developers want to work with the best technologies.
Become an Innovation Hero
- Millions of data points queried in seconds, enabling faster business decisions.
- 50% reduction in headcount requirements, boosting cost-efficiency.
- Lays the foundation for environmentally friendly manufacturing technologies such as Industry 4.0.
See the difference with SUSE
products & solutions
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
The industry’s most secure, modular Linux operating system that paves the way for IT transformation in the software-defined era.
Addresses the needs of DevOps teams deploying applications with Kubernetes and IT staffs delivering enterprise-critical services.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Micro
Leverages the enterprise-hardened technology components of SUSE Linux Enterprise and merges that with what developers want from a modern, immutable OS platform.
A best-in-class open source infrastructure management solution for heterogeneous Linux environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server or SAP Applications
The leading Linux platform for SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver and SAP S/4HANA solutions and is endorsed by SAP.
The industry’s only 100% open source, Zero-Trust container security platform.